A qualified Taichi teacher (Sifu 師傅) himself should be a life testimonial of this healing art as well as martial art. He is always motivated and passionate to share his Taichi with people. He becomes the Sifu of Taichi through long year diligent learning, practicing and teaching. He himself enjoys good health physically and mentally. He sets a good example for his students to learn from.
Sifu Sun Anguang (孫安光) is the teacher here. He started learning chinese martial art in 1982 from a top Tong Bei Quan (通背拳) master Zheng Jian Feng (鄭劍鋒) of Sheng Yang City for six years. He began learning Taiji Quan in 1987 from grandmaster Xue Ju Jin (薛舉進) of Qing Dao City for another six years before moving to America in 1993. He also learned Chen Style Taichi from Grandmaster Zhu Tian Cai (朱天才)
Sifu Sun Anguang loves chinese martial arts and internal exercises very much. He never stops learning and practicing in the last 30 years. Taichi has become his life. His motto is "LEARN, PRACTICE AND TEACH".
The following are some of his credibilities
- 2000 Taichi master for Disney Studio in making TV Series “Fashion”
- 2001 Taichi Performance for Leisure Travel Group National Annual Sales Meeting, Los Angeles
- 04/27/2004 Subject at UCI Lab for Canada National Cable 30-Minute Program "Body &Health"
- 06/25-26/05 Seminar to Kaiser Permanente at Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Symposium, CA
- 08/13-14/05 Workshop for NBC4/T52 Health & Fitness Expo at Los Angeles Convention Center
- 03/28/07 Taichi performance for Pacific Design Center, Los Angeles
- 08/12/07 School Taichi Performance at Pasadena City Civic Auditorium
- 02/08/2008 Chairman of 2008 Los Angeles Ten Thousand People Tai Chi Festival
- 06/2011/Commercial for Arthritis Foundation / What's Your Weapon? /Director, Cole Webley
- 09/2011 Seminar to AARP Life@50+ N ational Event & Expo at Los Angeles Convention Center
- 02/2014 Tai Chi Master in Princess Cruises Lines Commercial " ONE HUNDRED REASONS"
Tai chi Academy's students group Performance at Pasadena City Civic Auditorium 08/12/07
Mass Media's Recognition & Coverage
·Interviewed by NBC4, T52, TVNZ, SNA7, ETTV, KSCI TV, CCTV4, SKY TV, CTI TV, TVB, Phoenix TV, MOVIN 93.3, AM1300, AM1430, KWAM1370
·Certificate of Congressional Recognition/US Congress/Hilda L.Solis, the Congresswoman
·Certificate of Recognition/County of Los Angeles/Michael D.Antonovich, the Supervisor
·Certificate of Recognition/City of Los Angeles/Antonio R.Villaraigosa, the Mayor
·Tai Chi Master of The Year 2008/The Eleventh World Congress on Qigong/TCM/Dr. Effie Chow, the Chair
Published Scholarly Books, Articles and DVD in the Field
·“Essentials of Tai Chi Chuan”, Vol. 1-2, published by Guangming Publishing House, 1998
·“Tai Chi World” printed and published by Guangming Publishing House, 2002
·“Styles of Tai Chi Chuan” U.S. Healthy Life, September/2000
·“Masters and Styles, Attack from Behind”, Inside Kung-Fu, November 2007, Vol.35, No 11
·“Sun Style's Secret Punch”, Inside Kung-Fu, December 2007, Vol.35, No 12
·Sun Style Tai Chi DVD produced and published by APG MEDIA,
·“Taking a Stand”, Inside Kung-Fu, December 2008, Vol.36, No 3
·"Explosive Tong Bei ", Inside Kung-Fu, April 2009, Vol.37, No 4
·Explosive Tong Bei DVD produced and published by APG MEDIA